Friday, April 24, 2009

Hybrid vs. Things That Are Good

Hey guys! I've been contemplating things. This is apparently my constant battle, but I want to find a way to make hybrid good without actually being a total cheater. This is what I was thinking- what if we allow cards with off-color activations in for hybrid, or possibly just for one, hybrid spot? I think this fits in the sense of "hybrid cards are playable with one color, but better with two". The analogy isn't perfect, since Kird Ape, for example isn't possible without red, but it's also not terrible far off. And some cards in hybrid spots aren't actually playable with one color- I'm looking at you, Mistmeadow Witch.

Look, I'm just trying to figure out how to get Momentary Blink back in. What do you think?

Here is what I think could be replaced. Keep in mind that I don't see this as a permanent thing. In 20 years when there have been like 8 more hybrid sets I'm sure we can find stuff that is decent. But goddamn do I have to keep seeing Ass Wizards in the meantime?

Mistmeadow Witch -> Momentary Blink. Oh. Or Mirror Sigil Sergeant, hey buddy.

Noggle Hedge-Mage -> Ogre Savant

Noggle Bandit -> ??

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like reasonable logic to me, but I feel that this should be something that the collective has to agree on, but I do feel where you are coming from, and that you also bring up good points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, also even though I sort of agree with myself, I'm also not anxious to start breaking rules and shit. You know?

    ReplyDelete