Monday, April 5, 2010

4/5/10 Draft

Ok, so my notes aren't super detailed for this draft, but let's just note- our decks are both awesome and with one exception, every game was totally interesting and fun.

Justin ending up winning, basically with one card each time- Kodama, then Overrun, then Stonewood Invocation. Man, I assume you love Stonewood Invocation too. Right?

The last game was crazy. I decree of pained for 15 cards, nearly decked myself, but I had Platinum Angel to make sure I could still live. Then I turned into an insane person and decided to wait a turn before playing the angel, and a sprout swarm token invocationed right into my face for lethal. Still! Really exciting and I got to live all of my dreams: Bloodghast & Attrition, Urza's Factory and Attrition, Platinum Angel and almost losing, Platinum Angel and Pact, Stuffy Doll and drawing Stuffy Doll every game.

Justin had probably the raddest sideboard in the history of the cube- vedalken shackles for stuffy doll. I'm still charmed by that.

Platinum Angel gets a lot of shit but she really held it down in this series. I think she will still get replaced by All is Dust, but now it will be a bittersweet type of replacement.

My deck:

theapril5.JPG

Justin's:

justinapril5.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment